You are ready for graduate school. The GRE (Graduate Record Examinations) is an important requirement for many graduate programs. Take the first step to an advanced degree with GRE test prep from SMU CAPE. We can help you take the test with confidence, equipped with skills and strategies to perform at your best. We offer on-campus and online GRE prep classes in a variety of schedule formats. This course is ideal for anyone looking to pursue a graduate degree in a variety of disciplines, including current college students, recent graduates, and potential graduate school students looking for assistance to gain the complex quantitative and verbal skills needed to succeed on the GRE.
Our comprehensive GRE Preparation course provides you with everything you need to prepare for the exam. Expert instructors walk you through each section of the test in an easy to follow format and will help you develop the tools you need to master the GRE. Our proven tips will help you save time, eliminate mistakes, and improve your GRE score.
You will cover each of the three main sections of the GRE General Test: Analytical Writing, Verbal Reasoning, and Quantitative Reasoning, whether you choose an on-campus or online section. Textbooks and materials are included in the registration fee.
Quantitative Topics Include:
- Review of basic mathematical skills needed to succeed on the GRE
- Tips for breaking complex word problems into small, manageable parts
- Tips for turning geometry diagrams into solvable equations
- Strategies for solving various types of questions: quantitative comparison, multiple right answer, multiple choice, and numeric entry
Verbal Topics Include:
- Solving problems when you don’t know the vocabulary
- Using comparison and contrast clues to solve sentence completion problems
- Answering reading comprehension questions quickly, without reading the entire passage
- Dealing with the text completion and sentence equivalence questions
- Strategies for the analytical writing section, including sample prompts
General Topics Include:
- Utilizing the process of elimination
- Mastering time management skills
- Minimizing test anxiety
- Identifying common distractors on multiple-choice questions
- Solving unfamiliar question formats
Choose the Delivery Option that Works for You
We offer multiple sections of our GRE Preparation Course on campus in Dallas and online, giving you the option to choose the format and schedule that best fits your needs. Our on-campus sections give you the familiar experience of working in a traditional classroom setting, while our live online programs provide the flexibility of attending class from anywhere (while still having the opportunity for real-time interaction with our expert instructors).
About Our Curriculum Partner
This course is presented in partnership with Educational Testing Consultants (ETC). ETC has worked with prestigious universities across the country for over 20 years to bring unparalleled experience and expert instruction to its test prep courses. CAPE works with ETC and its professional, highly-trained instructors to tailor our classroom experiences to the specific needs of the SMU community, at an affordable price and with an assurance of quality.