In this course, students will focus on constructing a base UX process model to help them focus on creating strong user connected experiences. Through this fast-paced class, students will build upon understanding products through the entire UX design life-cycle.
Students will learn how to create a variety of artifacts that will be used at top help build product clarity and directional confidence. As groups and individuals, students will participate in a series of design challenges and activities to help learn critical thinking, analytical skills, and the importance of design communication in teams.
Each group of students will use newly taught combined skills, to craft a mobile application experience and product. They will do this by developing artifacts in the form of (sketches, wireframes, high-fidelity concepts, clickable prototypes, and more.) Along with this creation, students will have hands-on time with some of the current industry standard UX tools, as well as exposure to new and emerging tools for the UX industry.
Some of the topics we will cover include:
- Understanding the value of (why, what, and how), we create
- The importance of roadmaps in your design approach
- Agile UX Approaches
- Design thinking strategies
- Industry insights and real-world use cases
- Meeting and aligning business objectives with experience design goals
- Activities to make you a better UX professional
- Designing for native mobile applications
- Constructing a base UX process method and strategy
- Communication techniques through design artifacts
- Design standards and tools for the UX profession
- Upcoming tools for next level UX design
- Introductions to tools to help smooth go forward development