The competition for high quality websites and apps is stronger than ever and the risk of producing a poor quality product is detrimental to the business, the brand and your reputation. Speed to market is pointless if the product doesn't work and users quickly abandon it. The earlier you test, research and inspect, the earlier you can identify problems, save hours of work, and the earlier you can ship a high quality, competitive product to market.
As a result of this section of the course, the students will be able to:
- Identify appropriate test participants (audiences and and personas)
- Determine what to test, when to test it and how to pick the right usability method for your project (lab, guerrilla, remote; moderated, unmoderated)
- Perform usability testing from planning, to execution and reporting of your results
- Learn how to use live usability tests on real sites and how to use remote testing methods and tools
- Explain to all stakeholders why usability testing works and how it actually increases your speed to market by using real world examples
- Iinterpret your findings, determine the best recommendations, and present your results